I sat down the other day and asked myself: What does learning the hard way look like?
*God knows I’ve learned the hard way so many times 🤦🏼♀️ and I’ll even throw that statement out there…Don’t do what I did. I learned the hard way!
But what does it actually mean? What does it look like?
I came up with 5 things.
Learning the hard way means…
1. Treating the effect, not the cause of a problem.
2. NOT taking time to self-reflect and lean into our *real* opportunity for growth.
3. Being unwilling to listen and learn. It’s being stubborn and righteous in what we think is right (or true) and being unwilling to be WRONG.
4. Looking to other people to tell you WHAT to do instead of taking on that responsibility yourself + TRUSTING your own solutions.
5. Letting a situation get so bad before you seek a solution.
I believe that learning the hard way is sometimes an inevitable part of our unique journey and necessary for our own personal growth.
I also believe that many times, it’s completely 100% OPTIONAL.
To watch, Learning the Hard Way, click the image below.
Remember to SHARE this video to spread the message 🤍